To get the most out of your Takk candle we recommend burning the candle by following the instructions below.
- Trim wick to 5mm before lighting
- Keep wick centered and free of foreign objects
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Do not burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep burning candles away from children & pets.
- Only burn candles in well ventilated areas.
- Make sure you place burning candles at least 10 cm apart from each other.
- Do not burn the candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Allow the wax to cool before relighting, and if needed trim the wick to remove the carbonised black tip before relighting
- Allow the melt pool to reach the glass edge the first time you light it, to avoid tunneling
- Leave a small amount of wax before disposing the candle or, preferably, wash with warm water and reuse the glass with for example tealights or storage purpose.
Takk is not responsible for misuse of the candles. If you have any questions about burning our candles, send us an email at